As an addiction psychiatrist, Dr. Fehling helps patients who struggle with all mental illnesses. Examples include:
- Anxiety and Panic
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychological issues
As well as ‘comorbid’ addictions such as:
Many patients have mental health problems AND drug addiction. They need psychiatric services to help improve multiple problems. Dr. Fehling emphasizes treatment of mental illness while helping the patient reach sobriety. He demonstrates a commitment to treatment of the whole person.
The goal of treatment is to relieve pain and suffering. Patients often experience feelings of despair, isolation, and hopelessness. If you are struggling with mental illness or addiction, you are not alone. Many people have improved their lives through treatment. Many people also grow to realize that their experience is similar to so many others. With treatment, it will be possible for a patient to:
- Become sober.
- Break the addiction cycle.
- Rekindle lost relationships and strengthen current ones.
- Improve work, career, school, and family life.
- Convey a lifestyle of recovery to others.
Treatment paths are tailored to the individual patient. Specific psychiatric services Dr. Fehling provides include:
- Medication-assisted therapy such as Suboxone
- Individual psychotherapy
- Dialectical Behavioral and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Couple’s therapy
- 12-Step facilitation
- Urine-screen monitoring to improve accountability
Dr. Fehling also is professionally connected to Colorado’s recovery providers and communities. He strives to connect individual patients to appropriate care. This may include:
- Residential, detox, or sober living services
- Intensive outpatient group therapy programs
- Primary care providers